View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 09:07 PM
Bryan
Bryan Bossa.rd

Default How do you store/display your sets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjohnsonsoxfan View Post
I like to see my cards out on display instead of locking them away in a safe or bank deposit box. You can buy excellent display cases on ebay for around $100. I've mounted my whole CJ set on my office walls.

I have the mini version. 12 cards only. The snap mechanism for closing is annoying to work with. I wanted to get the bigger one, but was afraid to put that much $ on my wall haha. I rotate them out of my bolted down fireproof safe. Best of both worlds. On a day when I don't expect to leave house or have folks over I allow the big ones to go in (33 Ruth and gehrigs). But in general try to keep it under $1000 on wall at any given time. I am obviously a bit paranoid. So I even went the extra distance and mounted it to be earthquake proof. Even put an inflatable box filler in my safe for same reason (keep the stacks from ever falling).

I had previously stashed them all in my safe round the clock but had the reckoning that I was collecting something I rarely interacted with. Which seemed foolish . Not that anything about collecting is logical haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by BBB; 03-17-2016 at 09:40 PM.