Thread: Bryce Harper
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 12:54 PM
Louie Michaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTK View Post
...but at what point does it stop? I see it as catering to the lowest common denominator audience wise. Football is the worst. It isn't good enough to just celebrate touch downs, you have to celebrate every tackle, no matter the score of the game or it's situation. I see once the emotional celebrations are in the game guys will be celebrating everything to make ESPN highlights, Twitter and Facebook and just like football they'll practice celebrations to the point of correography. Walk up songs are bad enough.
I don't think it's fair to equate younger people and our use of technology as some form of narcissistic pandering to the lowest common denominator. It's just different, and it's a reflection of our technology, and our differences to the previous generation....which I believe has been happening since, ya know, the beginning of civilization.

That being said, Mike Trout, Andrew McCutchen and Buster Posey are only a few years older than Bryce Harper. They carry themselves completely differently on the field. Yet they are still part of the same generation. My point is that I don't think Bryce is wrong when he says we should modernize the game. But my other point is that Bryce is a douchebag and so it's hard to take his thoughts seriously when he sets such a douchey example for the rest of his generation.