View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 11:27 AM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by begsu1013 View Post
that's why I was asking about authentication thru reholdering.

a reholder fee on $5K is $35.
a review fee is $500 - $700.

I can not imagine they are paying the guy that's reviewing cards @ $700 a pop, the same as the guy that is reholdering at $35 a pop.

people send in cards all the time to be reholdered because they've been dropped, cracked, etc.

are the guys "reholdering" proficient in spotting an altered card/holder?

ie. scammer cracks a case. inserts doctored card, but doesn't necessarily reseal or does a great reseal job and then sends it in to get reholdered?

or buy a few high dollar real cards and slip a doctored one in the bunch?

not saying this IS happening.

but is it possible to slip one past the goalie occasionally?

I was just trying to get an answer but was told that I wouldn't even be talked to by jackie* even though it says "if you would like to discuss w/ me, my number is..."

* side note: and i believe this to be the same jackie that mods the cu board
If that's possible it's a very scary thought. I would hope that even with a reholder someone at PSA would be able to tell if it was an original PSA holder that had not been tampered with or not.

It would be nice if we could get a direct answer from them on this issue but I doubt that will happen.