Thread: Jsa and psa/dna
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 12:27 AM
Doug Goodman

I have spent the last 32 years working for people who are are asked for their autographs as part of daily life. There is only one of them who I know for a fact has never had somebody else sign an item for him. That same person also has two completely different signatures, one for business (pretty much illegible), and one for fans (quite readable).

Generally speaking, from my experience, the more famous the person, the better the chance that somebody they are associated with is capable of signing their signature. And, if somebody they are associated with is capable of signing their signature, then that person has done so, and will continue to.

I define "famous" as somebody who is asked for their autograph while walking thru an airport, or up the street. These days, a "selfie" is actually far more requested than an autograph.

There are people who I have worked with who sign less of their own autographs than their associates do. I would bet that there are situations where the people who get paid for their opinions would pass the associate's autograph but flag the famous person's autograph.