Thread: Jsa and psa/dna
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 07:47 PM
Wayne Walker

If memory serves, Topps used and still uses Staedtler pens, which are pretty nice, but I do see some fading, especially on the higher-tech surfaces (Chrome or whatever).

Here is my Larsen from that set, scanned minutes ago. It does seem a bit more faded than I remember.

NOTE: I scanned the Schmidt because I have seen a few copies of that with autographs similar to the Larsen you posted. Mine is still fairly strong. I also wanted to share the story below...

STORY: As I mentioned, I was the editor for this set, which means I chose the photos and approved the sheets of cards before they went to the printer. I made a few errors. See the error there?

One day maybe a month after these were finalized, I got a call from one of the player reps telling me that I screwed up and that Mike Schmidt is pissed off and refuses to sign his cards because of the REVERSE NEGATIVE. Man, he had me for a bit, thinking my multiple managers were gonna let me hear it all day. He only let me sweat it a bit before telling me that Schmidt thought it was funny and actually kind of cool. I agree.

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all