View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 01:46 PM
Tyler

I hope I don't get laughed out of this thread, with what I have to offer. However, I had the chance to go thru a chest of family members stuff, that had been sealed up since the late 50s. It was mostly WWI, and WWII militaria from my ggreat grandfathers, and grandfather. I admit, that I wanted to rummage thru these boxes, hoping to find baseball cards..but my mom warned me up front..that she didn't think any of her relatives collected sports cards...and none of them that she remembered had ever smoked. It didn't stop me from searching. I've spent the last few days going thru the boxes, and there is some AMAZING war items. A lot of really good/collectible war memoribilia, from letters, postcards, and medals to roadmaps and Nazi pistols, flags, and daggers. Really some interesting stuff, and jhave had a great time learning about my families past.

But at the end of the day..no tobacco baseball cards. Or baseball cards of any kind really. Pretty bummed. However...there were a ton of advertising cards, of sort. Soap, Coffee, cologne etc.... There were about 50 cards in all, from different years ranging from about 1890 to the mid1940s. Nothing really stuck out to me, as having a reason to be valuable..so I just snapped a pic of a handful to share. Once again..don't laugh... but any comments are welcome, and if some reason, theres something there that's worth a small fortune..please let me know.

Last edited by Filthy; 03-07-2016 at 01:51 PM.