View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 09:19 AM
Brian clif.ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Let's see now, the question here is...."How many cards in the T206 set ? ?".

The answer to this question depends on who you ask. Some say 6000, and others say as much as 7000......when you consider all the front / back permutations.

The most accurate number actually is between 5200 - 5300 permutations. There are a fair number of "No-Prints" in the T-brand's population. Currently, David
Hall is 95 % complete in his quest to achieve a "master" T206 set. This % number translates to just short of 5000 cards in his current T206 collection.

Yes.....I favor including the 1910 COUPON set (68 cards) and the Ty Cobb Tobacco card in the T206 set. And, there are some on this forum that agree with this.
The timeline of both these issues falls within the 1909-1911 timeline of the T206 set. Furthermore, the fronts of these 69 cards are identical to the T206's.
So, if they waddle like a duck, and quack like a duck, and were issued during 1910....then, they are a "T206".

If you check-out Burdick's records, he includes the T213-1 cards in same timeframe as the T213-2 and T213-3 (1914-1919). Obviously, at the time he did this,
he did not have the information we now have that correctly dates the 1910 COUPON cards. So, no need to fault him on this mistake.

Finally, this "poll" proves nothing. It's an insidious attempt to "bust my chops" by a couple of members on this forum. I guess this is how they get their "jollies"

TED Z

I don't even understand this argument. You either count using backs or fronts. Either way is fine and is up to the collector since it was never intended to be like a topps or play ball or goudey set. What is different about Cobb with cobb back then Cobb with other backs? Why would the coupon cards count as different t206 cards (adding to the 524 number) and not just add to the 5000-5200 number? Just because of the gloss? If that is the case then American Beauty cards have to be added to the 524 number because they are slightly different right? Doesn't really make sense for the 525 number to exist.