View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 07:21 PM
Jacob

Default T206 and the no good, very bad day

I'll preface this by saying I did some considerable thinking after posting about some questionable cards to invest in. I realized I was in fact looking for the big score as a rook and decided to heed many of the vets advice on here and take it slow and steady.

I decided I'd start with T206. I've always been fascinated with the cards and since my card ventures began I have yet to see once in the flesh.

Flash forward to our story...

I had some irritation in my nose for the past couple of days. Long story short it was diagnosed as staph infection inside my nasal cavity and upper lip.

I drove down the mountain to my hometown for a doc visit only to be referred to an ear,nose,throat doc. Was told it needed to be opened up and cut out.

That was suprise number one. Suprise number two was the appt was for 3:15 (it was 12 when I left general practice office). So I had some time to kill, I grabbed lunch, headed to my parents house to find no spare key and the door locked (parents moving to charlotte).

I thought, well I've got some time to kill. Why not thrift a bit. I Google antiques and come across two malls right across the street from each other.

I find 13 T206 in a case, all St. Louis Browns, some good shape some not. Backs include Piedmont, Sweet Cap, one Sovereign, one Tolstoi.

Again I had never seen them in person let alone touched one. They are so small!!

I hashed out a deal for the sovereign, a Hobe Ferris and the Tolstoi, a Barney Pelty. The pelty was rougher with some creasing, but I loved the Tolstoi back. The ferris looks nice.

Little did I know when I went to my appt they cut inside my top lip, into my nasal cavity and got all the infection out. Worst pain I've ever felt. My lip is the size of a golfball.

Yet it wasn't that bad...because I got my first T206s.

I'll post pics tomorrow but I'm pumped about my start.

Thanks
J Ray

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Last edited by jkray25; 02-23-2016 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Pics