View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 06:46 PM
Steven Finley

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Extremely unprofessional to start an auction before the stated auction time...auction houses go to great lengths to explain when an auction ends..and makes warnings that an auction may end sooner than a certain time..

however i guess auctions can start whenever they want...
If you guys want to pander back and forth about if it helps to bid early at an auction have at it. My belief based on previous experience is that the highest bid wins, but I've been incorrect before. The quoted statement above, however, is asinine in the most absolute form, and that's probably the most correct statement I've ever provided on this board. Bob is a gigantic asset to the hobby and his company allows many great people to make a living doing what they love. No Bob, no Sterling. No Bob, no Love of the Game. I could go on and on. Secondly, mistakes happen - billions of then everyday - the vast majority of them innocent and meaningless much like this one. He quickly admitted fault publicly and fixed the issue. Finally, after the above quoted nonsense you then continued to slam him for not removing the early bids. Spoiler alert: That isn't Bob's call. Practice your reading comprehension skills by reading the entirety of his first apology from start to finish and eventually you might figure out why.

I decided a short time ago I would quit trolling your sometimes incoherent babble, but I'm pulling down the white flag on this one. Here is a free one, think before you speak, especially if you are going to bash someone important to the hobby's growth whom you know nothing about. You have a passion for the hobby, which is great, but you ramble on incessantly in a form that appears to be speaking just the sake for speaking. That I could handle of it weren't for the numerous digs and pokes sprinkled in towards members who deserve better. I'm sure we'll cross paths again, but until then happy collecting.

Steven Finley