View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 11:55 AM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettyeakley View Post
Knowledge is power and if you have done the research and know something the seller doesn't I see no reason to inform them. IMO the burden is on a seller to know what they are selling. That being said I have on occasion purposely bought something else off a seller that I knew I was getting a great deal from as a sort of "thank you" for allowing me to get a great deal.

I remember when I was quite a bit younger (maybe 15-16 years old or so) at a show I tried to inform an older dealer that he had made a mistake on a card and it was worth more, he told me to F*** off and got pissed, I learned my lesson that day it is best not to patronize the seller and to just buy the good deal and walk away.
Agreed, falls under the category of know your cards. Sellers do not hesitate to try and get the most from their cards at shows including sometimes trying to overcharge for cards so catching an occasional break is okay.