View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 12:27 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

As I say, if you identify a seller doing one deceptive thing, they are more than probably doing other deceptive things. The sole motive of scammers is to maximize profits.

When you identify a seller doing something highly unethical or highly deceptive you can't knowingly identify all the unethical and deceptive (and perhaps illegal) methods they are using, you just know they are an unethical or deceptive seller. And that should be enough.

That's why I roll my eyes when people on Net54 in effect say "I know this eBay seller is selling items he knows are fake and that he may have made himself, but other items look good and I'm going to bid on those." I think "With all the good sellers out there, why they Hell are you choosing to buy from a seller who you know is trying to scam buyers? . . . And are you then going to come back to this board and complain that the item you bought from him was fake, altered or his his shipping rates were too high or that he may have shilled you or the description turned out not to be entirely accurate? Are you going to say 'I knew he was forger, but how was I supposed to know he'd lie about the provenance and use deceptive pictures?'"

Last edited by drcy; 02-06-2016 at 12:37 PM.