View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 05:29 PM
Steve Woe.lfel

You are probably right Ed, I was told by an old German woman that my name could be spelled with the LE and meant "little wolf". I had always heard through the family that the name basically meant a shepherd (a "wolf-feller" would be someone who took down wolves and kept the livestock safe). Who knows?!

Thanks to everyone for their kind words!! I'm hoping that many of these cards go to my fellow board members. Lord knows a large amount of them came from the good folks on Net54!!

Despite the recent negative news in the hobby, I can say with 100% certainty that I've never had anything but great experiences with everyone that I've bought from and sold to on Net54. I'd also like to think that I've made some good friends along the way.

My decision to sell the set is not due to any financial hardship. The quest to slay the Monster was something that I spent a good deal of time doing with my son James. Since he passed last June, I just haven't had the same enjoyment in looking for T206's, or indeed in looking at them. Just a bit too painful. While I'm sure I'll continue to collect other stuff going forward, this project just lost it's meaning when I lost my "T206 Buddy" Jim. Despite all of his many challenges, Jim was a tremendous artist (he drew my avatar of an aging Honus selecting his lumber) and touched many lives in his brief 18 years.

So here's to the memory of James! Allons-y!!

Thanks to all and best of luck to those who bid. There are some really neat cards scattered throughout the collection. Some cool back stamps, WSTs, a few (same) double names, some color variations (Lindaman missing the red pass), a double factory strike (Owen), a slight name jump (Sheckard), etc...as well as all of the T206 legends, HOFers, Southern Leaguers, and most of the rare backs.

Best,

Steve
T206 SLers: 11/48
T206 Back Run: 28/39

Desiderata

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Strive to be happy.