View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 12:39 PM
Eric
Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
As much as it seems to frustrate you, when Mickey Mantle baseball cards are discussed, all sorts of collectors chime in with a variety of responses.

When Dean Chance passed away last year, there were but a few of us who had something to say. There was a rousing discussion going on last fall in the WATERCOOLER TALK ABOUT WHO IS MORE FAMOUS---HACK WILSON OR NELLIE FOX.

So-a, who would you like for us to discuss, anyway? Name three players that you would dearly love to see threads of? In fact, Jolly 'Ol Elm, why not intiate all three yourself? Just please keep the player in his appropriate section, and I will endeavor to chime in with something, and not mention The Commerce Comet, leaving him for all the other threads!

I'm quite restricted now on the kind of cardboard I can buy. So, my responses come from being in the hobby since roughly 1961, pulling baseball and football cards from wax packs and cellos back in those years, mail ordering baseball and hockey from a pair of venerable trading card dealers, and attending some major shows from 1972 - 1980, and one in 1988.

Remember Jolly, though you hate it, people will respond and start threads about who interests them, and THE MIGHTY MICK continues to be at or near the top. Keep punching regarding the other guys who played.

However, when someone loses someone dear to them, even if we pretty much say the same thing, at least we show that we care. If that bugs you, tough tootzies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ---Brian Powell

Well put. And to add... There is never the perfect thing to say, but just saying something is significant when there has been a loss.