View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 08:57 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb View Post
I just cannot believe Trammell not getting any respect from anyone. The guys offensive numbers are on the bubble for his position, for HOF enshrinement, but when you add in his defensive achievements, he should walk into the Hall of Fame. Four gold gloves, and three silver sluggers awards, 7 times an all star, I believe 7 times getting votes as League MVP, In his career, he only struck out 24 more times then he walked. Career on base percentage of 352 for a shortstop. His one and only time he played in the World Series and he won the MVP. His WAR number just behind Jeter. And not one consideration, WOW. I am surprised.
Tough to disagree with this. I didn't realize that this is his final year on the ballot. I may have added him to my list with that being the case.

I am very surprised that Jim Edmonds may not even get 5% of the vote. 8 Gold Glove awards. 393 career homers. 1191 RBI and 1251 Runs. .284 batting average. .376 OBP. 132 OPS+ for a great defensive center fielder. Lots of post season experience including 13 homers and .274 batting average. Maybe not quite a HOFer, but he certainly does not deserve to get the Ted Simmons treatment either.

Tom C