View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 02:52 PM
David McDonald

There have been numerous threads about visiting Cooperstown on the board over the years. However the search function is a bit like typing with mittens in that it is hard to zero in on a topic. Here's a link from 2009 which might give you a few ideas about what there is to see and do in C'town. My wife and I visited in 2007 and stayed at the Otesaga. It was total magic. Mind you, we went in October when it was very quiet and we had the HoF virtually to ourselves. Induction Weekend will be a whole 'nother story. You'd be lucky to get within 100 yards of the Otesaga - that's where all the HOFers and big shots will be staying. We drove up from NYC via the Catskills to Cooperstown - a lovely trip, and returned to NYC via Albany and I-87 which was the opposite of lovely. My guess is that you could fly into Albany or perhaps Utica from one of the major airports but someone else would know better. BTW, I lived in Honolulu for twenty years - moved back to the mainland in 2011 - and didn't meet a vintage card collector the whole time. There were a couple of guys from the Hilo area that used to post here years ago but never crossed their paths. Which island are you on?

Hawaii Winter League game at Hans L'Orange Field in Waipahu mid-nineties