View Single Post
Old 12-26-2015, 01:04 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
I guess but then all sellers shouldn't even bother mentioning what a cards sold for at heritage or Goodwin or the like unless they subtract the 20% + as 'that's the way it is' but I got a feeling a lot of private sellers don't agree with that....I never heard someone try to sell me a card a say..well at memory lane it went for 2000 so that means its market is 1500 because that's the way it is...or I guess the BP is enough to subtract from to make it market value for direct seller versus reputable auction house....I do usually cite what a seller nets on a card at an AH when I try to buy a card from a seller..but to me that's the real market price for a seller..what a seller can expect to net on a card...so I guess we should further subtract from that as a direct seller should expect to get less than the highest bid before BP at a reputable AH...after all that's the way it is...lol
Through all of that I actually I agree with you. One can negotiate the bonus of no-fees when doing deals. As one famous dealer says, and to paraphrase "A deal isn't good unless it's good for both parties" ...so many factors can be factored in...

Last edited by Leon; 12-26-2015 at 01:06 PM.