View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 09:38 PM
Joe Gonsowski

Ed, great story on the Howe McCormick Hindu. Derek, that is a special imperial cabinet of Deacon and friends. Wow Kenny & Chris, two fantastic McCormicks, both are special cards!! Couple nice OJ rarities for Kevin as well, well done. 2015 looks to be an impressive year for many 19th century collectors.

With little to no Detroit OJ opportunities over 2015 I decided to expand my scope to include N333 Newsboys. I obtained the Detroit Newsboy a couple years ago from Dan McKee but all the others are new pick-ups this year leaving me two short from having an example from each team (still need Albany Press & Knickerbocker and NY World). Many thanks to Mike Braily x1, Tony Arnold x2, and Bruce Babcock x3 for helping me along. My goal is at least one from each team and as many of the 10 Detroits as possible.

I also benefited from Leon's auction by picking up the three known variants of the Creole pack that may have distributed SF Hess cards. Here is one of the packs.

My last favorite pick-up will not be opened until Christmas Eve, a special present from Graig Kreindler.
- 19th century Detroit memorabilia and cards with emphasis on Goodwin & Co. issues ( N172 / N173 / N175 ) and Tomlinson cabinets
- N333 SF Hess Newsboys League cards (all teams)
- Pre ATC Merger (1890 and prior) cigarette packs and redemption coupons from all manufacturers