View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 10:30 AM
Al

Default Closing Tonight - Love of the Game Set Builder's Auction

Hi All:

Just a quick reminder that tonight's Set Builder's auction closes at 9PM Eastern.

Since this is a smaller auction, I do not anticipate it to run late, but if it does, I will not let it run much past 2AM.

There are still quite a few deals to be had in this one, notably in the autograph section. There are a decent amount of tougher signatures from non-HOFers, each sold individually, with quite a few nice cut signatures.

One of my favorite items is on the hockey side - a collection of memorabilia related to the 1980 NHL All-Star game, which was Wayne Gretzky's first and Gordie Howe's last game. The collection includes a commemorative plate given out at the dinner, a ticket stub and program from the game, and a dinner menu signed by many of the players (including Howe). This comes from the collection of Dennis Clotworthy, a former employee from the ticket office who was also a Detroit Tigers batboy in the 1970s (and author of the book Al Kaline's Last Batboy). It's a neat collection, still flying under the radar.

The auction also has a host of cards from the E90-1, T205, 1913 National Game and 1934-36 Diamond Stars sets, still at affordable prices. It's a great time to start a set!

If you've got any questions, I can be reached via phone or email.

If you're bidding, good luck!

http://loveofthegameauctions.com/catalog.aspx

-Al