View Single Post
Old 12-11-2015, 06:57 PM
Al

yes, erskine was one of the last players i cut from my list. i might have to re add him.

sax was right behind erskine, i picked hansen solely because he is the all time dodgers pinch hit king. sax was a very, very good dodger but not sure about one of the greatest dodgers (top 25)

i agree about players not being great after only a couple or few seasons with the dodgers. i was looking at a few different all time dodgers lists on the internet(google search) and some lists have shawn green, gary sheffield and adrian beltre on it. all great dodger "seasons" but i think green and sheffield only played a couple or few seasons with the dodgers. he only played a few seasons for the dodgers

mike marshall (pitcher) was a dominant dodgers reliever, but some say the best dodgers closer ever? he only played a few seasons for the dodgers! i think i would rather give the ball to eric gagne than mike marshall!

same with kirk gibson almost every list has gibson listed as a dodger gall time great. we all know he had that great home run, but besides that, is he really a dodgers all time great. all time greatest dodger hr run, i can see , but should he be mentioned in the same breath as koufax, hershiser, snider, reese, robinson, drysdale, hodges, campanella etc?

Last edited by hawaiian bam bam; 12-11-2015 at 06:59 PM.