View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 10:07 AM
Joh.n Spen.cer

The adventure continues. Late yesterday my favorite mailperson, Jackie, delivered Mugsy, well-packaged and, frankly, I felt relief simply because he arrived at all, which my first concern. Of course, I was all over it, and had already written down all of the observations from the learned members of the board to assist in my analysis. Unfortunately, my electron microscope was broken, but I do believe the card to be genuine. As far as trimming, I just don't know. I have looked at a lot of T206's in my time and if it is trimmed, the trimmer is one clever doctor. At the top right edge there is definitely a small bat ear, always a tell tale sign of trimming, but also just a bit of paper disturbance on the opposite reverse which could be faulty blade cutting, which somebody has already suggested. It measures fine, in fact, a tad o/s. May I please have opinions on which grading service should have the pleasure of Mgr. McGraw's presence while they determine his fate. Wouldn't it be wonderful, if for once, the seller's story was gem mint and she or whoever is sitting on a bunch of nice prewar cards about to hit the marketplace. I can dream.