View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 08:56 AM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Default An Hour of Indecision

We have all been there, but there I was mindlessly trolling Ebay when suddenly I was presented with my favorite t206 card, ole' John McGraw, portrait without cap (item 121809531.) I confess to being a bit rattled, because it was raw and beautiful and I no longer had a copy. It was in an auction format with a mb of $500. The dealer had pretty good feedback and told an interesting tale about an estate find of over a 100 vintage cards (yeah, I know) and this was the first of that bunch. It sort of had a ring of truth about it and, my God, wouldn't that be a good thing for us vintage freaks. To cut to the chase, I was the only bidder at the mb and won it. The card, at least from the scan, looked fine with a bit of foxing on the reverse. Time will obviously tell since it obviously will go to a grading company and with that blazing red background SGC will be the choice. Yoda
P.S. This totally irrelevant but is anybody else a bit tired of Flo of Progressive insurance. I see her constantly on TV, internet advertising and now my dreams. Woman, be gone!