Thread: Low bid regret
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 01:49 AM
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by harford20 View Post
i had just graduated from college, on to further schooling. My wife and i were just married, and i went to new york to meet some "family".

One of my wife's uncles was a card collector and a lawyer for the nfl. He knew i had a large 1970-1990 collection, and brought me to an office area where he had his collection. He had a massive collection, mainly focused on autographed jerseys, but with sets and singles of all eras, but was just starting to downsize it. The card he offered me was a t206 honus wagner (i had to assume it was genuine given his collection), and psa was non-existent in 1990. The card was nearly complete, missing one corner. He had started looking for a buyer about 2-weeks prior without luck. He was asking $20k for the card, although he would go lower as i was "now family". I quickly thought of how much my entire collection was worth and if there was any way to come up with the money; my wife quickly laughed at me. Her uncle sold the card about 3 months later for $25k; one of the sales he regrets to this day.

Dave
ouch!!!