View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 07:54 AM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphusa View Post
And that's how you build a collection. A little at a time and then you take that pennant or nodder and sell or trade it for something that's fits your collection. That way you and your trader will always be on the lookout for each other.

Or you can be like eastonfalcon19' every week he post what he has found. He gets up every Sunday morning I'm guessing at 3 or 4 and goes out and finds it. It works
Exactly...none of this stuff above really fits my collection. Knowledge is power, know your stuff over a broad range and it's amazing what you can put together.

Two weeks ago I was at a local estate auction and picked up the scrapbook of a former Major Leaguer. It had real photo postcards of Brooklyn Superbas, a 1913 World Series ticket and other great stuff. I got it for next to nothing because I was the only one there that knew its true value. And once again networking came through for me, I knew this scrapbook was there because the auctioneer called me.

You should also be persistent like Eastonfalcon...you WILL find treasure in the wild if you stick to it. My best find ever was a Tris Speaker game used bat.

Now I have to go get myself ready. A local auction starts at noon with over 35 team signed footballs of the Nebraska Cornhuskers (no jokes please).