View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 06:07 PM
Chris.tian Aug.ustus

Quote:
Leon knows and he's welcome to deny that he and I exchanged quite a few civil PMs during the mess. In which he admits to knowing there was a mark the day the FBI returned his card. He said he didn't bother to look into it beyond that. His reasoning was that nobody he talked to said they would look into it. He also states that he thought researching the mark to identify it was going to be expensive so he didn't bother. Even though it was easily deduced from simple scans. He also admitted to me that in hindsight he should have taken the time to look into the mark...but he just didn't because he felt most wouldn't bother.
the FBI had the card in their hands, looked at it and decided to give it back to leon. that's about where i'd stop investigating, myself. if they didn't know what it was, i wouldn't personally bother doing much more.

also, the transcript of the conversation between him and brockelman say diddly squat that implicates anyone. the FBI could easily have told leon why they wanted to look at the card...and knowing that NYPL was involved, they'd know the history behind those thefts. when the FBI gave the card a thumbs up, that's about all i'd need to know.