View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 07:37 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

In one year on COMC, I have put $2,500 in cash in, added about $4,000 in card value, and have bought enough in ports (bulk purchases) and reinvesting from my card sales to now have $29,000 in list prices in 9,800 cards in inventory. I have also probably taken $2,000 in cards off the site either for my personal collection or to get graded and re-sell. In the link showing the "Flipping Successes" from Blowout you can see that I have bought many vintage cards on COMC and then immediately re-listed them and sold them for higher prices.

The important thing is to pay attention to the sales (some people mark their cards down 75% from retail prices), the cards that get loaded (because someone else is checking them to flip for higher profit), or port sales. You can add plenty of cards to your watch list, then wait for them to go on sale. You can play their "Challenge" games to learn about previous sale prices for cards on site. You can also make offers to most sellers. I normally accept every offer up to 50% off. Every month or so, I run a 50% off sale. Vintage sells a little slower on COMC, but there are vintage buyers there and with cross-listing to Amazon, it's easy to sell cards internationally.

There are guys on there that sell in the thousands a month. COMC is not responsive to some customer complaints, but they've treated me well and I continue to try to help their site become one the best places to shop. I found three of the backstamped T206 cards that people on this site needed to reunite with the others. Got a VG/EX T206 common for $12 on there, as well as some VG/EX common 1933 Goudeys for $6 each just waiting on sales. It's not perfect, but I'm having a good time and increasing my collection while setting myself up to make a nice little sidejob out of it.

Feel free to send me a PM if you want more information.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.

Last edited by swarmee; 10-20-2015 at 07:37 PM.