View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 07:09 AM
Jimi

Default Buying from a BIN or waiting it out?

Frustration can happen a lot when looking at BIN prices on eBay....no doubt about it, however, I find that I buy from BINs more than I do waiting out an auction. Why?

1. Why wait to see if you're going to be sniped out of your bid with ten seconds remaining 4 days from now? I don't know if I'm going to win it or not, and I have to wait and see. Chances are....whatever I'm bidding on will not end up being mine! lol

2. If the price is reasonable, and I can have it right now, then why wait it out to see if I MIGHT get it?

3. Success with a dealer previously on eBay.....and again, his BIN price is reasonable? I'm buying it!

4. As a seller, too, I try to keep my prices reasonable. I look at past sales on eBay, VCP, and other auctions, and I remind myself that if I put this item on through an auction, it may only go for half what I put into it. But if I keep my prices reasonable and generally lower than others' BINs, I'll be selling my stuff before other people who have the same items sitting in their stores for months.

I realize this doesn't always hold true, and I DO bid from time to time on auctions, but I don't see a problem with buying BINs when prices are decent. A buddy of mine basically NEVER does it....in fact, he rarely even chooses the BIN option when searching from items. I get it....but sometimes you're missing out!

What are your thoughts?

Jimi
jimivintage@yahoo.com
Jimi