View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 09:54 PM
Paul

If you want to solicit offers I have been relatively successful listing the card with an obscene Buy It Now price on ebay, while accepting offers. You get a pretty good idea of what it's worth based on the offers you get in, and if you like one, you just click accept. Pretty easy. I have found trying the same game on the BST to be a waste of time - no one wants to make an offer and everyone wants the seller to list an asking price. Dead end.

On the issue of asking the fair market value on a card listed on the BST, you could hardly blame the OP for it under these circumstances when the seller is not being price responsive and the card is rare enough for it not to have any true comps. Having said that, under the circumstances, what the card would get at auction and what the seller would accept may not be nearly the same, so determining a fair value for this card according to the opinions of T206 experts is more or less meaningless towards the goal of obtaining this card. But, if anyone cares, I would think that card would fetch $3,000-$3,500 at auction.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206