View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 11:54 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac32 View Post
I would have left it slabbed just to protect the card from the elements. As surgeon, I always error on the side of safety
There were multiple reasons for not leaving it in the slab. It was graded around 15 yrs ago when grading (especially of these) was more subjective. It didn't belong in a 50 holder by today's standards. Rest assured it is currently in an archival sleeve in an archival top loader, cushioned against one piece of a 3 inch thick screwdown holder and inside not 1 but 2 individually sealed, very heavy duty, water tight baggies. It is being hand delivered. I am not sure how it could be more safe.

As for cracking it, I had multipe devices handy but chose the one that I felt was the most steady for me to use. The picture where the screwdriver is above the card, makes it seem it could be touching it, but it isn't. The card is lower and rests inside and slightly below the gasket. From that point the srcrewdriver went backwards and out of the holder. Then I just flipped the edges and it popped exremely easily. No harm done and the card was never touched (as far as I could tell).