View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 11:18 AM
Curt

Generally speaking, my collection doesn't date back far enough or is not expansive enough to contain a lot of beaters. Most of my T cards are worn to some extent, but not damaged beyond displaying well. I started collecting as a 9 year old kid in 1978 and never really spent any real money on cards until after I got onto ebay in 1998 and was an adult, able to spend more. I have some cards that are just hard enough to find in any shape or are prohibitively expensive in top shape and I keep those cards with the better ones. However, mostly if the card is flawed in some major way, I don't want it in the collection. I don't have a lot of "good" cards or older cards that fall into this category, because normally I would avoid them all together, so most either came with larger lots I acquired or were mine as a kid. The problem is, I can't really seem to get rid of ANY of the damaged cards, even newer ones, so they sit together in boxes marked "damaged cards". Not much different than the good cards in my collection being stored in sleeves and top loaders in shoeboxes other than the fact that they are damaged. I'm sure the OBC gang would appreciate most of them regardless.

It it does eventually get burned, then the ashes must be spread across several "event burned T206 commemorative cards" that you can get one of the custom card makers to design and create. Then, like cut bats and jerseys, it can be enjoyed by many rather than just one!