View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 02:34 PM
Chris
Chr.is Ta.bar

My personal area of expertise on this subject is sports jerseys. A search for any top player - especially football player - will reveal a HUGE percentage of fakes. It's not unusual to have 90% or more of a search's results be fakes.

Years ago, I got a catalog in the mail from Ebay trying to encourage me to shop on Ebay for Christmas. On the cover, they touted the low prices of various products as purchased on Ebay. One of the items listed was "Authentic Peyton Manning Jerseys" with an average price of $37. Anybody who knows anything at all about football jerseys knows that you can't buy legit jerseys of Peyton Manning for $37 barring a fluke. No, the only way to get one that cheap - let alone to AVERAGE one that cheap - is for the jerseys to be fakes.

There's no question that Ebay knows that tons of counterfeits are sold on Ebay. They do nothing about it, even when confronted. They do nothing to bar sellers who frequently sell such items from doing business on Ebay. And they do nothing to keep previously-banned sellers from returning.