Thread: Future HOFers
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2015, 05:31 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Haven't seen Joey Votto mentioned yet. .955 career OPS, and he's having a nice bounce back year right now.

If we are mentioning PED guys, Ryan Braun has to be mentioned as a possibility if he keeps his numbers up.
I was about to come here and post the exact same thing. Literally. That's spooky.

Two of the most under-appreciated hitters in the game today. I picked Votto back up on my fantasy team two weeks ago, and he's exploded. He's an on base machine. Got 3 more walks last night, up to 106 for the season. Hitting .309 with a .446 OBP and a .956 OPS. He's a former MVP winner, 4 time All Star, and a former Gold Glove winner.

Braun's slowly coming back to where he was before the thumb injury. He's been hitting the ball really hard as of late (.333 in August with a .955 OPS), and as his BAbip continues to correct, he'll get closer to .300 again for the season.) He's won an MVP, finished 2nd and 3rd other times, has been an All Star six times, and has five Silver Sluggers.

Both are 31. They'll need about 5 more years of strong production before they should start consider warranting real consideration. Their career numbers thus far are excellent.

Their Hall of Fame metrics are intriguing as well.

Braun's

..and Votto's

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.