View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 07:43 PM
C.hris Bl.and

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
Please allow a contrasting view. Not all of us here are interested in collecting T206; in fact, I and some others find it for the most part immensely boring. Accordingly, I often ignore threads on the subject rather than complain about it–that is the expected protocol, right? Now imagine my delight when there’s a thread started on a type collection–a magnificent one with (in my view) endless subjects of discussion-and from a board member no less. A collection after my own heart, with a little something for everybody that may bring out very informative posts about more obscure issues. I open that thread to see repeated ramblings that I found nearly incoherent about, guess what–T206! Better still, Frankenstein and scrap T206, where machine shop errors are elevated to cult and coveted status. More and more were my eyes treated to these posts. Now I’m sorry, but IF EVER there was a thread in which such subject could take a back seat to the topic at hand and go its own way for those who care, this was it. But no, on and on it went, with the same poster often just posting one after another.

Then, instead of getting back on track, there was a somewhat prolonged period of testimonials for this poster and his apparent unmatched “passion” and exuberance for his niche, as though the rest of us can’t get that and as if that was the point. Another day or so of few meaty posts in favor of more opportunities to hear from the T206 collectors. Thankfully, there since have been a good number of posts about pick-ups from this exquisite grouping.

I admit to having never even taken much less scored highly in an etiquette class, and by no means did I diffuse the situation here. Perhaps I am incendiary, although I am not miserable. This board and the hobby have changed over the past few years, neither to my liking. I blame no one, or maybe I blame everyone. There are options available to me, and they should be considered. For purposes of this post and thread, though, I just want to congratulate Leon and all who were fortunate enough to have won something, and hope to hear more about those winnings.
Agreed. Well said.

Type 1 photos of baseball HOFers
N172 Old Judge Portraits

Will buy or trade for the above. Check out my cards at:

www.imageevent.com/crb972