View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 12:14 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
Mark-- it is too bad you are disappointed with your recent experience with LOTG, but unless you think the majority here are just off base, maybe you should at least consider giving them another try. I have experienced delays on occasion with many good sellers because of a temporary issue. I would never stop doing business with a dealer who had great hobby reputation because of a minor shipment delay, otherwise I would be the main loser
I think this is a very fair read of this. Al is a good guy, friend to many on the board and certainly more honest than the average auction house owner (in fairness so is a cockroach). But the beef raised by the OP is legit and has been used to attack Heritage and other auction houses. Al is a big boy and can answer for himself but being a serious auction house sometimes requires quicker shipping. I suspect Al will fix this and I also suspect the OP will give him another chance. He deserves it if for no other reason than he's not a crook. And we need as many auction house owners like that as we can get.