View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 12:19 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera View Post
Scott..I do hope you make it, so we can hoist a couple together.

I have been thinking about why I haven't attended more Nationals. I have been in the hobby since the mid 80's. I think it is because almost every year I go to a few Brimfields, Renninger Weekends, Paper Shows, many of the Shows in Westchester, etc. I really didn't feel it was necessary to make it to the National to find the things I am interested in.

Since joining Net54, the incentive is to meet all of the screen names in person. So I look forward to meeting those of you that I haven't met yet, in Atlantic City.

Jeff
I went to my first National to buy stuff (and I found lots), but the unexpected biggest plus was meeting so many of my virtual hobby friends. Now I barely even look at cards at the Nationals, other than as museum pieces, but I do end up buying lots of other stuff. As a dealer, it's especially great to have Net 54 members walk up to your table just to meet you - given all the venom the outspoken members are so often subjected to, it's great to get such positive reinforcement.

Cleveland was great in that many of the bigger names in the hobby (auction house personnel, writers, etc) were wandering around more than usual, so I actually was able to meet more people than in Chicago. Also fun to have Al and Ryan right around the corner to reduce boredom