View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 05:02 PM
Mike Mattsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oya311 View Post
THANK YOU for brightening up my day...just when I start losing faith in our hobby, a story like this brings me back to life! I look forward to the day I can do the same with my son!! He's a little over two now, but I only have five more years til he's prime "Otis" age!
No need to wait. Otis was playing with those old Donruss puzzles when he was your son's age. They're small enough to be manageable and they have numbers on the back to make them easy to solve for a little one. I bought him a binder and nine pocket sheets to put 80s era junk wax in so he could, in his words, "play baseball cards with daddy." Don't think that request didn't bring a tear or two to the old man's eyes.

Otis wrote an email this summer with my help that we forwarded to all the MLB teams requesting a fan pack. He's spent the last month sprinting to the mailbox everyday to see if he's got something. About half of the teams have sent him something from bobbleheads to calendars to stickers. Today he got a pocket schedule and some tattoos from the Angels. Guess which group of neighborhood kids are inked up in the backyard playing ball and arguing who gets to be Mike Trout?