View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 12:16 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTK View Post
Try asking here;

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/

I used to sit in the right field bleachers for a number of years with the guy, Al Yellon, who runs it, one of his bleacher mates is named Mike, the guy is a wealth of Wrigley knowledge. If they don't know, someone will I suspect.
I heard from Mike (thru Al)...I hope he doesn't mind me copying and pasting what he had to say. It actually kind of contradicts what Andrew had to say and I'll get to that in a moment...

From Mike: "Wish I could be a bit more definitive, I have not bought a WF flag in many years. All the scoreboard/yardarm flags I am familiar with have the grommet-type anchorage (the lower photo "GIANTS"). The oblong metal ring (top photo "SAN FRANCISCO") is from other parts of the park (rooftop, marquee, etc). It has also been some years since they have hung city-name flags from the CF board, they went to team-name flags at least from the early '80s. My guess is the lower photo flag is from the CF board, the upper photo is a WF flag, but not from the CF board.

Some of the short-duration flags that are hung from the CF board (W flags etc), use a modified clip structure, the flags that are reused from day-to-day use the grommets."