View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 09:01 PM
David Kathman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Eh, I didn't see much of a future with the kids when they are just there with their parents who collect.....cause not all the collectors kids will collect..and that will result in a smaller group all together...the..future would be healthy if more kids whos parents DID NOT collect started to collect...than that would be a net gain......as opposed to a net loss that I saw...
I'm sure there are lots of kids collecting whose parents don't collect. You can't judge that by a show like the National; I wouldn't expect many/any kids (especially young kids) to come to such a show by themselves, so they're pretty much always going to be there with their parents, whether or not those parents are collectors. I saw a number of father-son combos where both were obviously collectors, but I'm sure there were many noncollector parents who were there with their collector child. My parents sometimes used to come to card shows with me back in the early 80s, though admittedly they would also sometimes drop me off at the show and go shopping somewhere else nearby, if that was feasible. But I was a teenager, 14-16 years old.