View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 06:16 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post
I forgot neither Halliday nor Lee...nor Roy Oswalt, for that matter. While the, "Four Aces" squad did win 102 games, their playoff performance left much to be desired. Yes, I do realize that Halliday threw a post-season no-hitter. However, "Cholly" made a huge mistake and swept the Braves during the final weekend of the season. In doing so, he forced the Phillies to square off against the Cards, the only team that had a winning record against them that season. 'Nuf Ced.

Beyond this, RAJ then pulled off trades that will ultimately get him fired, and he held onto an aging core that could not handle Saint Louis during the regular season or the playoffs.

It has been downhill ever since.

Best regards,

Eric

Eric- I sure don't understand that argument at all. '...made a huge mistake and swept the Braves in the final weekend of the season.

Halladay was the winning pitcher in the last game prior to the sweep in Atlanta, so how is it his fault?

In doing so, he forced the Phillies to square off against the Cards, the only team that had a winning record against them that season

Again, please explain how his effort and results made this his fault.

He won game one against the Cardinals and then lost 1-0 in the fifth game...you were expecting what?

Please don't get offended by my opinions, even though I am surely correct in this case and you are obviously incorrect.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente