View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 04:01 PM
Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettyeakley View Post
There are many ways to collect Zeenut cards.

Some collect them by player, team, year, and there are even some that are stupid enough to just collect all of them. I pretty much fall into the latter category and just the sheer number of cards makes it really difficult to want to have the cards graded. Luckily there aren't too many that want to collect the entire Zeenut series as they really are MUCH harder to find than most realize (especially when compared to common sets like T206).

I mainly focus on the 1911 to 1928 series but pick up cards from the later sets when I get an opportunity but even narrowing the series by a bit there are still over 2800 cards from 1911 to 1928 (not including minor variations). The sheer amount of space that 2800 cards in SGC holders would take up may require a new wing on my house so I tend to collect them ungraded.

Nobody (even Mark) has the complete Zeenut run and it's even unknown if all the cards currently on the known checklists actually still exist since some early collections (or portions of them) have been lost.

Last time I checked my collection I am sitting at roughly 2100 different of those 2800. I would hate to have to start all over again right now as there are only a finite number of these cards and they seem to be getting tougher to find as they get absorbed into collections.

Here is a link to the bulk of my cards:
http://www.starsofthediamond.com/zeenuts.html
Now that is what I call an informative post, and why I like this forum so much (Rhett is usually a very, very good source of knowledge to tap)!

Highest regards,

Larry