View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 11:31 AM
Jeff R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Last week my family and I were in Colorado on vacation. One of our members, Jeff_cvc, PM'd me and asked if my family and I would come visit him at his restaurant, Sazza, http://sazzarestaurant.com/, a wonderfully original Pizza place in Greenwood Village CO. We love pizza so how could I say no? We got there kind of late and Jeff, his wife and kids made my wife, daughter and myself feel right at home. We had great pizzas and the biggest piece of cake I think I have ever seen for a desert. It was out of this world and my wife and daughter had about 3 desserts each out of it. Everything was just great. If anyone is ever in the area I recommend their wood-burning stove, custom pizzas and down home hospitality to anyone. Thanks Jeff, much appreciated.

Then last night I got a box from our long time member Bub.ba Lamb. Bubba has been gracious enough to make the National Net54baseball pins for us for several years, absolutely free. I have 75-100 of them he just made so if you want one come by Scott's and my table at the National and pick one up. And if you ever need trophies or promo items they do a great job. After the National I will take requests to send pins out to our members on a first come first served basis. Thanks again Bubba!! http://www.orlandoawards.com/

What a great surprise to jump on the forum today and see a shout out from Leon. Thank you!

For all of you who have not met Leon, first let me assure you, this board is in very good hands. Leon is exactly what he comes across on the forum as in person. He is honest, humble, straightforward, and an absolute pleasure to talk with. To take time out of his vacation at last minute notice to drive an hour round trip from his hotel to visit with me (a novice collector at best) and my family says a lot about the integrity of Leon. His family was wonderful to chat with and his daughter (who is going to SMU this fall and her education is being financially supported by Leon's collection of 20+ years in Heritage auction right now) was such a sweet young lady and deserving of the adulation Leon gives her. My only regret was not having more time to pick Leon's brain about cardboard. I could of easily talked through the night, but our wives were starting to roll their eyes at all the baseball chatter. Nonetheless, as I told Leon, this forum has given me so much that hosting Leon at our restaurant was such a small token of appreciation. The amount of knowledge openly shared is literally worth it's weight in gold. Thank you to all the members here for enriching my love of baseball and collecting these old pieces of cardboard.

Bubba, the pins are very cool, if any are left after Nationals, count me in.

Lastly, if anyone is in the greater Denver area and want to chat about the hobby, please contact me and let's talk over some pizza!
Successful Net54 transactions with: t206fix x2, Shammus, mybuddyinc x3, FrankWakefield, Brian Van Horn, Jrsox, Vintagetoppsguy, powderfinger, Bocabirdman x2, Baseball*Collectibles, bcbgcbrcb, Vintageismygame, usernamealreadytaken, oldjudge x2, Joshchisox08, rocarroll, Voodoochild, Sebie43 and frankbmd and more...