View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 02:52 PM
Tony Ooten

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyo View Post
For me, a lot can change in 7 weeks, but as of now I think my 2015 will look like this:

1. pick up a few of the big cards from my '48 thru '79 topps/bowman/leaf regular issue hof sub-set - I should have all of the easy ones by 2015.

2. continue to tweak my monster. Less common backs, Back stamps, unique marks, etc.

3. pick up a few more cards from my favorite sets in my pre-war type card set. I suspect some of the 30's sets will get my attention. Butter Cream, DeLong, tattoo orbit, Gge C Miller.

4. continue a modern card autograph set chase I've been working on a couple of years now.

5. may even break out my box of 80's cards to see what's in there

Tony
1. crossed 44 cards off my list. down to 8 needed. I decided to not chase the remaining 48 leafs, so my sub-set starts at 49 bowman now !
2. tweaked my monster 42 times
3. Picked up a tattoo orbit Dizzy Dean and a Gge C Miller Goose Goslin
4. added 51 auto'ed cards to this set
5. decided to extend my HOF base card run thru the 90's . Topps, Donruss, Fleer, UD in the 80's, Topps and several of my favorite sets from the 90's
It only took me 2 or three months to complete this and add several hundred cards, but it was a lot of fun filling all those holes from the 80's and 90's

In addition to my listed goals I also have picked up 7 t207s and 5 e-cards for two subsets I'm working on in those sets. Also picked up 5 Barry Larkins for my Larkin collection.

Last but not least I recently noticed a hole in my football rookie cards from my formative years, so I picked up a 76 Payton to fill it!

All in all it's been a fun year of collecting !