View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 04:00 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1880nonsports View Post
as a solution would you suggest suppressing DT's right to perform such an activity and an individuals right to have something like a stain removed from a card or do you have another idea? Where does the actual responsibility lie and where is the line drawn?
So Henry here is the problem. Let's suppose I send Dick a card, or work it myself, with the intent of simply improving its appearance and keeping it in my collection. And let's suppose hypothetically that if submitted, or viewed by the average buyer raw, the work done while generally viewed as an alteration would not be detected. Now eventually, that card, unless I burn it, is going to get into the marketplace. And be graded. So thus, even in this circumstance, I have created the potential for a deceptive transaction to occur. So if pushed I would take an absolute position that it is not proper, ever, to alter a card. Now yes, someone could make a slippery slope argument back, but one can almost always do that with an absolute position. if there is some other better place to draw the line, I don't know what it is right now.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 07-08-2015 at 04:04 PM.