View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volod View Post
What reprints specifically are you referring to? Mays' cards in the 1951 and 1952 Bowman sets were simulated somewhat closely in reprint sets, but I'm not aware of any reasonable facsimiles of the 1954 Bowman set. The only 1954 Bowman reprint set that commonly turns up is the 1996 Topps Chrome and that Mays card is not in any way close to the original. The scans you posted appear to show a genuine card, as far as I can tell. Perhaps some other members have seen some fakes, but I have not noticed any recent posts about them here.
Thank you for your response. I came across a listing (now sold) on ebay referring to a lot of reprints of the 1954 bowman mays (item #: 121681937327). The word "reprint" is not on the card nor is there a recent copyright date or anything else for that matter that indicates the card in this listing is a reprint. My card appears genuine. It feels right and it measures right, however the reprint I came across in this listing looks pretty darn close to the original. Do you know anything about this reprint? What are your thoughts?