View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 08:28 PM
Hen.ry Mos.es

Default quite an exotic request

for a 500th, first, or last post! While I have seen the two cards you mention right here on the only place you're likely to see such anomalies - I fear you will be a bit disappointed by the absence of posts showing other baseball/non-sport pairings. Not to say others might not exist - but unlikely a query would be the precipitating prompt to unearth a scan of such a gem - rather they would have been posted before.
While the scrap and frankenprinting of primarily theT206 series is a more recent dalliance within the hobby - a fair number of NS guys appreciate these kinds of examples as they give a glimpse into the process and production - pieces of a puzzle. The difference is the NS guys won't pay much for an example :-).
In any event - I have been interested in cards of all kinds for 20 years. I like to think I keep an eye out for that kind of thing - at least over the past 12-15 years. I see a few upside down backs, plenty of centering issues, missing print, and even a card or two with incorrect back/front combinations. Just can't say I've seen anything like you're looking for - but I anxiously await seeing such a post should one be made.