View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 06:57 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
We did go through this in that thread, and I agreed with you about the scans. Seems he was caught in a lie on that one.

I believe the invoice you had just said for California bidders to contact him and did not offer any instructions on avoiding paying tax. I could be wrong on this.

As far as the bidders I have not studied the patterns but there could be any number of reasonable explanations. His auctions have huge followings and run almost constantly. Perhaps there really are that many people who like to bid on his stuff exclusively. Some collectors, myself included, have very unfocused collections, including different time eras and sports. Or perhaps they're all being shilled. Very difficult to prove either way.
Yes, you could be wrong. Again. From 2011 ebay invoice.

"PWCC Auctions

Avoid CA sales tax by one of the following methods:
1) Provide a valid CA resale license, or
2) Pay by check or money order

Print this invoice and send paper payments to the following address (checks payable to 'PWCC Auctions'):

PWCC Auctions
1325 Howard Ave. #931
Burlingame, CA 94010"

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 06-19-2015 at 06:59 AM.