View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 09:33 AM
J0$H B^ck!ey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisFlood View Post
You can't tell me anything about Cubs/ Cards rivalry and fan smack. I have been a Cardinal fan since 1958, I know all about the history of the rivalry. I have lived in Illinois for four years and the rest of my time has been spent in Missouri other than four years in the Navy. In the old days there was a lot more civility in the world.

I don't come on here to have some guy start using pet names for my favorite team. I come to learn a little more about old baseball cards. Please don't talk to me about abuse by Cardinal fans. Cub fans take a back seat to no one in dishing it out. And they are about to have more ammunition with the development of a lot of young position players. I expect they will become unbearable. No pun intended.

You have blinders on and think it is ok for Cubs fans to dish it out and no ok for Cardinal fans to fire back. I have spent much time in Chicago setting up at the National and at Sun Times and Fanatics shows. Also used to do the shows in Schaumburg when SCD put on shows there. So I have dealt with plenty of Cubs fans and we get along fine for the most part. We just do business, not talk smack.

Here is the latest from the local hacks: DeWitt and Mozeliak put out a strong statement that they did not know about this until approached by the feds about the investigation. This has been ongoing for about a year. They do not know the identity of the individuals involved, but are aware of the seriousness of the situation and expect the guilty party or parties to be punished in whatever manner is deemed appropriate.

To me they are in charge and the buck should stop at the top, but rogue employees often do things that their superiors have no knowledge of.

If they prove knowledge by high up officials then heads should roll and there should be heavy penalties up to fines and loss of draft picks.

At this point everything is speculation, and North Side Baseball, Redzone, and other fan forums are having a field day enjoying the situation the Cardinals find themselves in. The Cardinals will still be around at the end of the day.

I believe in almost everything said here and can compare it to another situation/rivalry.

White Sox/Cubs & Yankees/Red Sux

Cubs fans talk a wholeeeeeeeeeeeee lotta shit. There are people who literally are artists and draw sketches of Ventura blowing Reinsdorf. That's a little bit much don't you think ???

Red Sux cried and cried about the Yankees spending all this money and they went and did the SAME exact thing and it's ok for them to but not ok for the Yankees ?????? Red Sux claim to be so clean and I don't care what anyone thinks NOBODY will change my mind about Ortiz. He is a juicer and DID get a pass. He has a HUGE mouth and is NOT a HOF. Nevertheless to get back on track they talk shit just like the Scrubs do. They make their distasteful meme's about the Yankees just like the Cubs do about the Sox (white).

Cubs and Red Sux are far from what I'd call model fans and certainly shouldn't be looked at as anything close to it. The funny thing is there are two types of Red Sux fans.

1) Real ones who follow them and have been following them for as long as they've been into baseball.
2) 2004 bandwagoners who only watch them when they're playing well (and trust me there's a WHOLE LOT OF THEM).

I feel like the same thing will happen with the Scrubs. They're playing well and if they ever pulled off some miracle and won even a Pennant then there will be two types of Scrub fans.

Leon you can delete at will or tell me to calm down I tried to keep it as tame as possible.
22/39 Unique Backs 56%
80/86 Minors 93%
25/48 Southern Leaguers 52%
6/10 Billy Sullivan back run 60%

237PSA / 94 SGC / 98 RAW

Excel spreadsheets only $5
T3, T201, T202, T204, T205, T206, T207, 1914 CJ, 1915 CJ, Topps 1952-1979, and more!!!!

Checklists sold (20)

T205 8/208 3.8%