View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 08:20 PM
Bob McLean

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac32 View Post
Actually I am originally from the Midwest (Peoria Illinois area) and also lived by St. Louis for a while and am quite familiar with the Cardinals. Being from Central Illinois, you are either a Cub fan or a Cards fan. The issue is that the bulk of the Card fans tend to be quite vocal and obnoxious toward Cub fans so talking some smack is allowed after all of the abuse Cardinal fans dish out. If you can't take the heat, get ot of the kitchen as they used to say back home.
You can't tell me anything about Cubs/ Cards rivalry and fan smack. I have been a Cardinal fan since 1958, I know all about the history of the rivalry. I have lived in Illinois for four years and the rest of my time has been spent in Missouri other than four years in the Navy. In the old days there was a lot more civility in the world.

I don't come on here to have some guy start using pet names for my favorite team. I come to learn a little more about old baseball cards. Please don't talk to me about abuse by Cardinal fans. Cub fans take a back seat to no one in dishing it out. And they are about to have more ammunition with the development of a lot of young position players. I expect they will become unbearable. No pun intended.

You have blinders on and think it is ok for Cubs fans to dish it out and no ok for Cardinal fans to fire back. I have spent much time in Chicago setting up at the National and at Sun Times and Fanatics shows. Also used to do the shows in Schaumburg when SCD put on shows there. So I have dealt with plenty of Cubs fans and we get along fine for the most part. We just do business, not talk smack.

Here is the latest from the local hacks: DeWitt and Mozeliak put out a strong statement that they did not know about this until approached by the feds about the investigation. This has been ongoing for about a year. They do not know the identity of the individuals involved, but are aware of the seriousness of the situation and expect the guilty party or parties to be punished in whatever manner is deemed appropriate.

To me they are in charge and the buck should stop at the top, but rogue employees often do things that their superiors have no knowledge of.

If they prove knowledge by high up officials then heads should roll and there should be heavy penalties up to fines and loss of draft picks.

At this point everything is speculation, and North Side Baseball, Redzone, and other fan forums are having a field day enjoying the situation the Cardinals find themselves in. The Cardinals will still be around at the end of the day.