View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 01:12 PM
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc6252 View Post
I find it somewhat pompous and offensive. So now this Seal and Certificate has to follow this card around after PWCC's stickering, or it will lose it's perceived lofty status? And for what? Because PWCC has determined, without full explanation, that it is a "High End" card? Let the buyer decide that. Also, what if you consign an identical card with PWCC, and you don't get the designation? I think you just might lose some bids to the "High End" card. It could easily slant the auction results.
I don't think a card is going to have a "lofty status" just because of this PWCC sticker, and if the card is indeed high end, it will never lose that deserved status if this little opinion sticker doesn't follow it around. The card never changes if it's truly high end.

The fact is that a great looking card has its status because of itself, not a sticker-- be it from PSA or PWCC. If Card X is indeed high end and does have this sticker, and the owner throws the sticker out-- the card is still awesome and will always command its due premium.

PSA doesn't give an explanation for their stickers either, it's worth noting.

Even if the cards in question did not have this sticker, if the mass of collectors agree the card is high end, such a card will get more bids than lesser-looking examples of the same card in the same auction.

Last edited by MattyC; 05-31-2015 at 01:47 PM.