View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 03:54 PM
D3nn!s B@!!ou

So the set includes the two variations of peaches graham who was traded June 10. The rustlers version of the card is more common so one can assume the production run before that was limited to a few months at most I would think. I wonder if some of the other sp's were only printed in that portion of time also. Shean was traded in February of 1911 and is supposedly tougher than graham so either production started before February or after and only corrected when caught later. Printing run likely went into 1912as cady's card indicates his services were purchased buy the Red Sox which didn't occur until January 1912. Unless, and this is speculation on my part but also jibes with what ted z has said I believe, that the minor leaguers were printed separately and likely later, almost making them a set unto themselves. I'm sure others more knowledgeable than me can add and correct me. Very interested in understanding the ins and outs of this set. Most of what I said came from lipset btw.

Lol Ted you beat me to the punch!!

Also keep in mind that Addie joss dies in April of 1911 and no joss card exists without mention of it. To me that puts production start between mid April and mid may 1911

At the same time john bates and eddie grant are both traded to the reds in 1910 but only grant gets updated. Marty mcintyre is picked up by the white sox in January of 1911 and included properly. The jimmy austin trade in February is mentioned on Austin's card. No mention is made of the bridwell for herzog deal in July ( a pretty major deal) which makes me think that all changes and corrections were made between April and late June of 1911 with the exception of the minor leaguers. Again I could be all wet.

Last edited by Econteachert205; 05-28-2015 at 05:48 PM.