View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 08:17 AM
G@ry Sƈ@m.ҽh.0ɾn

Default RARE! WWII 370+ Original Snapshot Photo Scrapbook Holocaust Battle of the Bulge

Wasn't sure if the eBay section was just for sports stuff. So I thought I would put this here. Pretty powerful piece of history being offer here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281695255749...84.m1558.l2649

This auction is for a WWII scrapbook filled with over 370+ original snapshot photos which came from a soldier of the United States 3rd Army. This scrapbook documents this soldiers journey of his whole military career, from boot camp in 1939, to WW2, to the end of the Koren War. This soldier was involved in a lot during his time of service, including the Battle of the Bulge and arrival of the liberation of Buchenwald Concentration Camp in April 1945. The photos this soldier took, are pretty powerful.

Since they are over 370+ original snapshot, I tried to highlight some of the key features of this amazing scrapbook.

*An original 8x10 photo autograph by General Eichelberger It says."with grateful appreciation and every good wish. General Eichelberger Yokohama(?) 1948."

* 370+ Original Snapshot covering soldiers military career and additional photos around Europe and Korea

* 5 Original snapshot photos of the arrival of US troops to Buchenwald Concentration Camp in April 1945. ( Shows survivors with US troops, piles of dead bodies, crematorium ovens, and it looks like someone holding a noose maybe?)

* An action shot of a soldier in combat ( might be Battle of Bulge not 100% sure.)

* Piece of a German cameo parachute

* A booklet, given to US soldiers. "Hitler and His Henchmen Special War Edition." Inside are graphic images of the Axis leaders henchmen dead bodies, as proof that they are dead. On the back it shows a Nazi party leader WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE. Reminding for troops to keep a look out and it says at the bottom, "Don't forget this face!"

Last edited by GoCubsGo32; 05-21-2015 at 08:22 AM.